This spring I had the privilege of interviewing Bailey Stenson of Happy Heart Farm. Based in Fort Collins, the five-acre farm was the first in the state to operate a CSA. Now the Stensons are starting something else that is sure to be a model for the rest of us: farm dinners.
In addition to the chef-prepared meal, which will of course feature their organic, farm-fresh produce (see below for a sample menu), guests can sample other local and seasonal products, enjoy entertainment, and tour the farm. They hope guests will “gain insight on how the Earth conspires with nature to produce the seasonal bounty that sustains our bodies, hearts and community.”
Dinners will be from 6-9 on June 27, July 25, August 22 and September 12 and cost $60 per person. Tickets may be purchased at http://www.happyheartfarmcsa.com or at 970-482-3448.
· Spinach Salad Inspired by Today’s Harvest
· Spicy Summer Squash Soup with Yogurt and Mint
· Eggplant Pancakes in Sweet Red Pepper Puree
· Grilled London Broil with Caramelized Onions, Mushrooms and Blue Cheese
· Buttermilk Panna Cotta with Rosemary Infused Blackberry Compote